The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is primarily a process of Christian formation for adults seeking to become full members of the Roman Catholic Church. It is designed for non-baptized men and women, adults previously baptized into another Christian faith, and Catholics who did not complete all of their Sacraments of Initiation – Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist. It is a gradual process during which enquirers can grow in faith and become full members of the Catholic Church (USCCB).
CALLED, LED, NURTURED BY THE SPIRIT
We invite all those who have not been able to complete their Sacraments of Initiation, and those who would like to become Roman Catholics, to consider joining us for the 2021 – 2022 program of preparation beginning in September 2021. The sessions will be held on Thursdays from 6:30 PM until 8:30 PM in the Christian Formation Center, and the program goes from September through the end of April 2022. In order to join the RCIA program please follow the registration process outlined below.
- Print a manual registration form from this website or obtain one from the Parish Office
- Complete and submit the registration form to the Parish Office and request an interview with a Priest
- If you have been baptized bring a copy of your Baptismal Certificate with you to the interview
If you want to know more about the RCIA Program, please call the office at 561-483-2440 or complete the Online Contact Form.
GODPARENTS & SPONSORS
Godparents and Sponsors are persons who have known and assisted the Catechumens and Candidates and stand as witnesses to the their moral character, faith, and intention. Godparents and Sponsors accompany the catechumens and candidates primarily at the Rite of Acceptance, the Rite of Election, and at the celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation. Godparents and Sponsors should be chosen by the catechumens on the basis of spiritual example, good qualities, and friendship. They should be approved by the Priest. Godparents and Sponsors should be chosen before the Rite of Election. A Godparent and Sponsor should:
- Be at least 16 years of age and mature enough to undertake this responsibility;
- Have received the three Sacraments of Initiation – Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist;
- Be a member of the Roman Catholic Church. A baptized and believing Christian from a separated church or community may act as a godparent or Christian witness along with a Catholic godparent, at the request of the parents or Catechumen, and in accordance with the norms for various ecumenical cases.
- Not be under canonical penalty. This also means that they are not restricted from receiving the Eucharist during Mass.
- Live a life of faith
- Not be the mother or father
Not be a Catholic living in an invalid civil marriage
COMPLETION OF THE SACRAMENTS OF INITIATION April 3, 2021
The Candidates and the Elect from the 2020-2021 RCIA Program were fully received into the Catholic Church by Fr. Eddie and Fr. Joepel at the Easter Vigil on Saturday, April 3, 2021. The work of the Holy Spirit through the Church never ceases and the joy of becoming full members of the Catholic Church is evident on their faces. Let us pray that they will continue to receive the graces available to them through the Sacraments.
One of the men receiving the Sacraments was inspired to propose marriage after the Mass concluded.